Saturday, September 24, 2016

Autumnal Saturday

 A little bit of color at the bird feeder in my yard.  Not much to offer but it's something.

This is my maple tree--it's usually a brilliant orange but this year it's more like brown.  It's been dry, dry, dry and the color is just not what it usually is.

Tess is depressed because there's no bright color this fall.  She is happy that outside temps have dropped, though, so now there are fires in the wood stove.  I guess we have frost warnings for tonight.  I brought in my impatiens, the rest of the plants can go to hell, they gave up on me a long time ago so I gave up on them, too.

Had a pretty good day today, went to coffee and breakfast with friends, home to do laundry, clean the kitchen, set some more mouse traps.  Saw friends tonight for dinner and am now settled in, waiting to get sleepy for bed.  It was a beautiful day though pretty cool, 50's I think.  Won't be long before 50 is a pipe dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment