Thursday, September 22, 2016

First day of fall

I have these mums on my deck--they're so bright that sometimes when you see them it's as if a light is shining on them.  Very pretty, very autumnal and nice.

I had a good day today, didn't go to Plattsburgh as originally planned.  I went to Westport to the vet's to get Tess' med.--it's almost an hour away but it's a very nice drive through the mountains.  There's just the hint of color starting in the mountains.

I came home the back way, across a long dirt road into the "old" neighborhood, where we lived for 6 years before moving to this house.  Our house, which was a cute little one-bedroom house has been turned into something entirely different, which is fine.  It's been sold twice, I think, since we sold it.  Anyway, now it's blue and strange and I have no emotional reaction to seeing it.  It was nice to see the changes in the neighborhood, I guess, there are a lot of new houses along the way.

I spent more than 2 hours on Linda's dock with her, oh we have such a good time doing that.  We swam in what felt like cold water, but the temp is a steady 71 degrees.  It was a warm day with hot sun and a cool breeze, not a cold wind.  A couple of boats on the lake but mostly just loons, a heron, a turkey vulture, a gull and a bunch of crows.  All very nice.

I came home for a while to be with the dogs, then went back to Linda's for drinks around the campfire.  That was lovely.  She has birdfeeders near the fireplace with very busy nuthatches and chickadees, and an occasional goldfinch.  We spend lots of time watching the birds, Linda dubbed it Channel Chickadee.  We are easily entertained when we're together.

Tomorrow looks pretty nifty.  NO PLANS.  No coffee in with friends in the morning, no lunch in Plattsburgh, no shopping.  I may hit a farm stand, and may buy a new lawnmower (but I doubt that).  Temps are due to be in the 50's, maybe 60--a huge change from today's sunny, warm dock temps.  Rain tonight.  It's warm enough to sleep in the boat house but I like being at home and the dogs are at peace, so here I'll stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment