Wednesday, September 14, 2016

PAELLA!

That's shrimp in paella that Linda cooked on the campfire.  It's quite a feat but she's masterful at campfire cooking.  Delicious dish, so well cooked by Chef Hormes.

I had a nice day today, ending with paella.  I had coffee in the morning, then spent some time reading on my deck (to warm up after the 49-degree porch coffee) in the sun.  Went to camp for a little while, mostly just to clean up the garbage the dogs had spread all over the back porch.  huh.  

I went back to Linda's and we had some dock time, bright warm sunshine but the most incredible wind.  Big waves, hard to swim.  We had a good visit anyway.

Tonight I caught mouse #12, way to go!  Everyone is plagued by mice this season.  My reaction to that is pretty simple: welcome to my world.

Tomorrow I'm having coffee with Duncan & Sue, lunch with Julie in Plattsburgh and maybe a visit with some friends visiting from Calif., renting another friend's camp.  They're leaving on Thursday so I guess I should get down to see them tomorrow or not at all.

We're supposed to have a rainy Wednesday, but right now it's still clear and warm and not raining at all.  It's still very dry here and the fall color is slow to arrive (if it comes at all, there are those of us who fear the leaves will just dry up and fall off). 

The dogs are great, snoring right now and oblivious to what I'm doing.  Which is fine with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment