Saturday, September 10, 2016

She's BACK!

 Tess is fully recovered and in great shape again, what a relief.  I was very upset and unsure what her problem was, but now she's off the cortisone, back on her anti-inflammatory drug and back her anti-itch drug and she's wagging her tail in circles again.  Whew!


She swims like a pro, though she doesn't chase or retrieve things.  These 2 Labs are the least retrieving retrievers I've ever had.  Tess used to swim out after sticks but now she just watches you throw the stick, shakes her head and walks away.  Stoopid people, throwing things into the lake.


Sunrise this morning from my deck.  I should have stayed in the boat house last night so I could have seen the mountain in this color, I bet it was just amazing.  I was lucky to see what I did, though, so I don't and won't complain.

Linda and I had a turkey dinner this week, it was a huge success, thanks to her hard work and cooking.  She cooked the turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy and sauerkraut.  I roasted vegetables and cooked a couple other things.  Mostly my part was setting up the porch at camp and breaking down the party when it was over.  People came at 5 except for some who came at 6, and everyone had a grand time (I assume).  The food was delicious, people were happy and jovial, alcohol flowed freely, Sue made a delicious chocolate birthday cake for Duncan and Annie brought a delicious pie.  J&M brought delicious wine.  Everything was perfect.  That porch is a grand place to have 14 people come for dinner to.

Yesterday I had coffee at Duncan & Sue's, joined by Linda and the people renting Bill's camp.  What a nice time--they have a wonderful screened porch, too, and we sat there watching the hummingbirds and each other.  Very nice.  This morning was coffee at Fred's with Linda, and a farewell siting of Jim & Judy, who leave for home today.  Fred and I went to a fall "festival" in Wilmington.  It didn't amount to much but we each bought a couple of things to support the vendors (and the library--Fred, like most of my friends can't resist used books).  I went to the dump when I got home, now I'm too warm, sitting in my living room.  It's not exactly a dock day but I may venture to camp to sit on the boat house porch to catch the breeze that Linda reported to me a few minutes ago.  Last night I had dinner at Annie's with Jim & Judy, a very nice time.  Tonight?  I think I'll visit Joe & Martha, it's hard to believe they'll be leaving in 3 weeks.  THREE WEEKS!! 

I don't have much planned for the next few days.  A visit with Pat & Jim, lunch in Plattsburgh later in the week.  I have to have my car inspected--rats, it's also due for a servicing, which will be done in Burlington, where they can't do NYState inspections, so there will be 2 auto activities in the coming weeks.

It's still very warm here and we really need rain.  Maybe it will rain this afternoon, but I doubt it.  The leaves are starting to turn but whether that's because it's autumn or they're too dry it's hard to know.  My deck flowers all look like hell because I didn't water them.  My lawn needs to be mowed but it's too hot--will be cooler next week.  I paid a nice young  man (is 42 young?) to pull the brambles from the spot they'd taken over at the foot of my deck stairs.  Wow does it look great.  I'm enthusiastic about paying people to do things for me.  My bank balance is less enthusiastic about that, but I do it when I can.

Dogs are miraculously in fine shape.  Tess is snoring, under the table and Treasure is panting, out on the deck.  I think I'll try to do some reading.  I'm reading Nobody's fool for the second or 3rd time, it's our book group book.  I'm savoring it, truly savoring it.  What wonderful writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment