Saturday, October 27, 2018

A week? really?

Didn't realize it had been so long.  Maybe I had a busy week.  but probably not.

I had to go to Plattsburgh Monday, then to a meeting in Keene that evening before dinner with friends who were here for the weekend.  A lot of driving.  Tuesday was a work day and that was fine.  Wednesday I spent a few hours at the thrift store, got to do bagging instead of receiving because they needed help out front.  Nice work, bagging--the only decision you have to make is what size bag (or maybe a box?) to put things in as they're paid for.  I love it.

The dogs ran off one afternoon and were gone long enough to find someone else's food to eat.  It was better food than they usually get, or at least richer food because on Thursday SOMEONE (hello Bear) had explosive diarrhea in the car.  What a spectacular mess.  A real shitstorm.  Oh what a disgusting thing that was and the car still stinks because it's all over the seatbelt, carpet, seat, dashboard, etc.  I did some cleaning but it was all frozen so too tough to get everything cleaned.  It still stinks only now it smells like poopy Odoban.  I'll take the car in to be detailed as soon as I can. 

Yesterday was a day at home and a pretty productive one.  I did a ton of laundry, I closed the boat house, I tidied up a bit in prep for book group, which I'm hosting tomorrow night.  I put plastic on one window (two more to go).  I dumped some deck pots and did a little clearing of the deck.  Of course the dirt in the pots is frozen so I have to bring them in a couple at a time to thaw out.  I love me.  I pretty much have to do this every year because I don't get the pots dumped early enough.

Today I walked with friends this morning then went to the thrift store.  I only stayed a couple of hours, receiving was well staffed and I didn't feel like staying.  It's been snowing here for 3 hours but it's only just starting to stick.  This is supposed to be a huge and complicated storm with sleet, rain, ice, snow, a wintry mix.  They like that term, the weather people, a wintry mix.  It's pretty windy but not what was really predicted yet.  Maybe later.

Tomorrow I'm making dinner for book group although book group consists of 3 of us in the winter season.  That's OK, we have a nice time and sometimes even talk about the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment