Saturday, October 20, 2018

It got cold and we survived

It even snowed, just a dusting and it's long gone now.  Today it's 50, sunny but windy.

I had planned to volunteer at the thrift store today but on the way home from our bog walk this morning the dogs ran off.  They were gone for 1 1/2 hours before my friend called from her house FOUR MILES away to tell me that the dogs were there.  They've never been inside her house and have only been there in the car, never been out of the car there.  Did they know it was her house?  or did they just get lucky?  or what?   I didn't know whether to laugh or cry--she lives on top of a mountain down the road from the hardtop at the end of my road.  Did they follow the power line?  Did they run down the road, which is so so dangerous it makes me crazy?  I just don't know what to think but am struggling with this.  I guess the solution is to always have a leash and put one of them on a leash on the way back from any walk.  BAD dogs BAD BAD dogs.  Poor Treasure is exhausted but Bear sill has plenty of energy.  Oh this is a big problem.

Other than that I'm fine.  I had a good enough week but went all the way to Plattsburgh yesterday to get meds which were "not ready until Monday" at the pharmacy.  Pissed me off but I did get some errands done so it wasn't a totally wasted trip.  Just partly.

So what will I do today?  Hopefully I'll get off the couch and put plastic on the windows at the back of the house.  Go to the dump.   Go to the bank.  Be productive.  I'm exhausted emotionally though.  A tracking collar would only work if I had cell reception at home.  The nearest hot spot is miles away.

I put up the suet feeder for the woodpeckers who keep hanging around and I filled the birdfeeder.  Chickadees, finches, blue jays, nuthatches.  Friends are here with company this weekend.  There were 5 of us walking yesterday morning but only 2 today.

Meeting of the historical society in Keene on Monday followed by dinner with friends.  Otherwise a quiet week I think.  But then I always think that and it doesn't turn out that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment