Thursday, October 04, 2018

Still not peak yet

Colors are coming along but still haven't reached peak.  Someone at work today said "When do you know it's peak?"  The answer is easy: once it's past peak.  There's a dramatic change just after peak color, the leaves fall and only the yellows and golds are left.

It's been an easy and good week, nothing very dramatic.  I volunteered at the thrift store yesterday, stayed until noon (which is longer than I usually work) because there were only 2 of us in receiving and I didn't want to leave the other worker alone.  Well, I DID leave her alone but only for 1 1/2 hours.  Luckily it wasn't busy with droppers.  There were enough shoppers but we fared well in receiving and were able to keep up with the traffic.  I was thinking of staying home Saturday but that would really be unfair--it will be busy busy busy because of the holiday weekend.  It's not just an American holiday, it's Canadian Thanksgiving as well.  Yikes the region will be packed.  Sort of like peak color, it will be peak tourist season.

Work in the Archives was just fine today.  We did some scanning, laughed a lot and I messed around with images we had emailed to us from a summer person.  Some nice images.

Tomorrow I head to Plattsburgh, get my flu shot in the morning then have made plans to visit with the new director of CEF, where I used to work.  It just felt like a nice thing to do--I'm not eager to meet him, nor do I dread, nor do I particularly care, it just seemed right.  There was a reception for him a while back.  I was invited but didn't go, it was in Plattsburgh one night and I didn't feel like seeing the people who would be there.  This way I can just show that I'm friendly and pretend to care about what happens at the System.

We walked to the mailbox and home with the dogs this morning--that's nearly a mile so we felt pretty righteous.  Too wet to walk in the woods.

Life is good, very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment