Monday, October 08, 2018

Must be peak by now

It's hard to tell, there's heavy fog out there.  Can't see the far shore or the mountains.  I was hoping to go on a photo-taking tour today but nooooo, there's not a view to be found in the fog.

It's been a relatively quiet Columbus Day weekend, not as many people visiting Hawkeye as in some years.  I had visits with friends, cooked a dinner for friends, and tonight will go to a pork dinner with friends.  The weather has been less than ideal but that doesn't upset me.  I'd like to take the dogs for a bog walk but there are 4 cars at the bog right now so I won't do that.  Maybe later on, dinner tonight isn't until 6 so I can go in the late afternoon.  maybe.

Meanwhile my pump/well is not behaving well.  Last night the pump was acting strangely so I showered at a friend's house and shut off the pump.  Today I turned it back on and it spit and sassed and finally spit out dirty water so I'm conjecturing that we've hit the bottom of the well.  Rats, why did I insist on doing a lot of dishes AND doing the laundry yesterday?  I've been being very careful about water use lately.  I suppose it was inevitable anyway, there's just been very little rain this year.  I'll leave the pump off for a while (days) and see what happens.  I have access to the Holts' house where there's unlimited water and that's great consolation.

My week looks pretty quiet.  Yes, the Archives and the thrift store, plus a meeting of the Cemetery Association one night.  Maybe a trip to Plattsburgh (ugh) to pick up meds.  Lunch with a friend tomorrow after the Archives.  The weather is supposed to improve, 70 degrees on Wednesday.  If one can believe the forecasters.  I have to close the boat house one of these days.  I usually wait until it's cold and unpleasant but maybe, just maybe this year will be the exception to that.  Maybe, I said maybe.

The dogs are fine.  They wanted to run off this morning but I managed to corral them.  Now they're sleeping soundly in the warm living room, where there's a hot fire in the stove.  THEY don't care that there's no running water.

No comments:

Post a Comment