Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Run for cover! It's coming!

They're predicting a cold night and colder morning for tonight and tomorrow.  OH NO!   Wind chills will make temps in the teens (maybe) and we'll have a hard frost (maybe).  My friends are nervous because the water in their camps has yet to be taken out.  There's not much I can do to help but I check on things.  Some friends are coming for the weekend but they'll have a lot of guests so maybe I won't see them (which would be all right).

I went to Plattsburgh on Monday, haircut and lunch with a good friend.  Again, I don't have any friends who AREN'T good...

Yesterday I got chilled at work, the heat in the library wasn't working and it was a day like today, 40's with wind and rain.  brrrr.

This morning I worked at the thrift store for 3 hours, things were a mess there because it was very busy on Saturday but there was only one person working in receiving.  We got things in pretty good shape but then a bunch of donations came in plus it started to rain so we had to move everything inside where there wasn't enough room.  Yikes, what a mess.  I felt bad leaving but there were enough people working there and I had chores to do for friends.

Tomorrow I'm working in the Archives and I volunteered to stuff envelopes at the Adk Land Trust.  Why did I do that?  I need to save time for my friend who has company coming tomorrow night, we need to make beds and arrange furniture.  I'll get it all done but I'll be tired.  whew.

We have some yellow leaves left but there sure is a lot of brown in the hills now.  I think I'd rather have winter than this weather, it's just damp and chilly and uncomfortable.  In January I'll remind myself that I wrote that.

No comments:

Post a Comment