Sunday, October 14, 2018

Brighter woods

I forget how much brighter the woods become when they're naked of leaves--I can see Silver Lake Mtn. (sort of) now and can look into the forest in a way that I haven't been able to for months.  I like that.  Yes, I miss the bright green of spring, the warmth of summer and the brilliant fall colors, but I do enjoy change and change is what's happening now.

It was 33 this morning, up to 42 4 hours later and expected to be 50 today.  Bright fall sunshine, a blue blue sky.  Just wonderful.  I walked with my friend and my dogs, such a nice visit with her and fun watching the dogs.

I have a good fire going--have yet to turn on the heat.  That's amazing and wonderful and totally unusual for this late.  I'll take it!

Dinner last night with good friends (summer people), dinner tonight with another couple of summer friends, then it will officially be the end of the season.  I'll put my lawn mower in the shed down the driveway, I'll start feeding the birds, I'll start closing the boat house and this week I'll order my snow tires and have them installed.  SNOW TIRES???!!!  Yes, it's time for that.  There was snow in the mountains yesterday, just a dusting for effect.  We always have that in October, just a harbinger of winter.

Life is good.  No, life is VERY good, I'm happy and enjoying the days.  Do I wish summer would last longer?  Not this year, we had a long extension of the season.  I live here because I like having 4 different seasons (well, that's only one reason I live here, there are more).  It was time for a change and that's what we have.


No comments:

Post a Comment