Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Middle of the night

Or early morning, whichever you choose.  I woke at 2 a.m. and finally just got up at 2:30.  The dogs were pleased, they seem to think a snack and trip outside are appropriate for this time.  I'm a sucker and eager to please so they get what they request.  Some of the time.

I'm all fussed about the car, I've tried everything to clean the backseat with no success so I have an appointment to have it detailed.  This is really embarrassing, the car is disgusting and I hate to have anyone have to deal with it.  Then I remind myself that they've probably seen worse and had to deal with more disgusting things.  But still... I hate to be the one to make people deal with unpleasant things.  But still.. it's what they do for a living.

I'm watching The Baroness von Sketch Show, which is very funny VERY funny women's humor, short vignettes by a women's comedy troupe.  Some of these make me laugh out loud.

A group of us had lunch in Plattsburgh to celebrate Pat's 79th birthday.  79!  Wow, next year she'll turn 80, amazing.  Of course that used to seem so old but now, oh no, it's not old at all, we'll all soon be in our 70's then 80's.  We had a good time, there were 8 of us so it was festive.

Our weather was nice yesterday, supposed to be even nicer today with maybe even some sunshine.  That would be pleasant.  It was in the 40's and drizzly but actually quite a nice day.  I went to the dump in the morning before driving to Plattsburgh for lunch.  There is still some color in the woods, the beeches and birches, aspens still have darkish gold leaves.  They're clinging to their leaves all right, it's almost November and we still have a nice bit of brightness out there.  Of course it's snowing right now but we're not supposed to have much.

No comments:

Post a Comment