Saturday, December 01, 2018

Rain? Really?

They're predicting 1. snow    2. sleet/ice   3. rain for tonight and tomorrow.  So far nothing is happening.  We saw the sun for about 5 minutes today but that's the first time we've been exposed to Vitamin D in days and days.  It didn't snow at least.

I had a good enough week.  Was at the Archives on Thursday, where someone came in needing help doing research.  A rare sighting. 

This morning I worked in the thrift store though I only stayed until 11:30.  I don't understand how the other volunteers can work for 5 hours, I just get exhausted and my feet get tired.  Concrete floors, lots of walking around and standing the whole time.  It was busy with shoppers and there were a lot of droppers too, lots of stuff to process when I left but did that make me stay to help the only other person in receiving?  Hell no, once I decide to leave there's no stopping me.

The dogs are fine.  Bear got a new collar just before Thanksgiving and today Treasure's new collar came.  How exciting!   Life in Hawkeye is pretty slow-paced but really, that's not exciting nor is it newsworthy.

No big plans for tomorrow.  I'm very curious about the weather, it's 28 degrees right now.  Will it rain?  That would be nice, should make it easier to shovel the stairs and path on the deck.  But then...will it freeze before I can shovel?  or will it not rain at all but just freeze?  OMG I just don't know.  How lucky am I to have those be the questions on my mind!


No comments:

Post a Comment