Sunday, December 09, 2018

And on it goes

It was winter today, -4 this morning, high in the teens.  Right now its 11.  That's not too bad because we've no wind.  This house is so much nicer with spray foam insulation underneath!  duh.

I've been to the gym a couple of times this week, boy would I like to get back into that routine.  We're planning to go again this morning but my friend hosted a wonderful party last night and I wouldn't be surprised if she thought maybe it would be good to stay home and put the house back together.

I enjoyed the party--it was all couples but that rarely even occurs to me until I describe a group to someone (or in this case someTHING).  I had too much wine and am suffering the effect of that now with a headache in the middle of the night.  Someone filled my very large wine glass too full and I wasn't paying attention and drank it all.  And that wasn't my first glass of the evening.

I was taught in high school journalism that one should never start a sentence with AND or BUT or HOWEVER.  Do these rules still apply?  Grammar rules have changed.  It's always interesting to me what specific things we remember (OK, maybe not ALWAYS interesting)(but often enough).  Moments, rules, events of no particular significance perhaps are seared into our brains.  Like the zip code of Waterville, Maine, where my brother tried to go to college (04901), and yet I can't remember my close friends' cell phone numbers.  Not even close.

No comments:

Post a Comment