Tuesday, December 04, 2018

Now it's more like winter

It's 15 now, temps due to be in single digits overnight.  And I got chilled today, darn it.  I'm hoping I sure didn't get acclimated to warmer temps.  No, I'm not that fickle and silly.

I've been keeping busy.  really?  no, not really.  Mostly I just do my household things: dishes, laundry, firewood, feed the birds, shovel and hack at ice on the deck.  The driveway is deep iced ruts, I drove too much through the slush of the weekend, now I deal with the results.  It's hard as rocks out there.

I went to work today and it wasn't the most productive day as far as Archives tasks went but we did what we did.  I met with the president of the newly-formed historical society.  They have finally wrestled away the historical collection from the home of the Town Historian and it's now waiting in the Keene library for organizing and sorting and making accessible.  The president of the society met with me today to get ideas on how to proceed and what to try to accomplish.  I was feeling inadequate to the task but we worked out a plan and came up with some ideas on how to proceed.  If it were nearer my home I'd be more involved but driving the 40-minute drive twice a week to the Archives is as much as I feel like doing (I guess).

Tomorrow I have a busy morning, stress test and EKG at 7:45.  That means leaving home at 7, which isn't a problem.  What is a problem is that I'm not supposed to ingest any caffeine before the stress test.  I hate to be so rigid but I sure do like a cup of coffee when I get up and when I have to drive to Plattsburgh in the morning.  Too bad for me.  I'll survive.  My instructions are to wear comfortable clothes (I don't really have any other kind of clothes) and not to eat a big breakfast (I never do unless I'm with summer friends at the restaurant in Upper Jay).  OK, this will be easy.

The dogs are fine in their new collars.  Bear was wearing the pink & purple one but when the new blue one came for Treasure I realized the folly of my choices.  Now all is right with the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment