Sunday, December 30, 2018

I'm sick, so sick

But it's just a cold with a fever, I'm lucky it's not worse.  I bark like a dog and can't sleep well.  I was taking an antihistamine a few times a day until I read the package that said to take one a day.  Oops.  This is Day 4.5 and man do I feel lousy.  I have a very good friend who's been coming to visit me and brought in 2 days' worth of firewood for me.  The temp this morning was 5 so that is much appreciated.

I went to the holiday party Friday night (I was feeling much better then) and I'm afraid I infected about 50 people.  My mother has a cough but I can't say I infected her, I think we were mutually infected.  Where?  by whom?  Anybody's guess.  We went Christmas shopping and we went to the grocery store.  It's pretty pointless to try figuring out where this came from.

The party was very nice, lots of good friends and some new neighbors.  There is a place on the south shore of the lake that sold for more than $800,000 and we were all stunned.  I met the buyers and they seem nice enough but they're crazy to have spent that kind of money.  I confessed to watching their 2 Labs from a dock on the north shore using binoculars.  Embarrassing much?

Saturday I rested for most of the day but the day started at 4 a.m.  I did go to AuSable, got some groceries and cold meds, gassed up the car and came home.  This morning I went to the neighbors' for the newspaper but came straight home, no visit with them, just a quick hello.  I don't have to go anywhere until Wednesday.  Wow that seems forever from now.  My friend is coming in an hour to bring me a hot toddy and a snack.  She is a good friend.  A very good friend.  I seem to have a lot of those.

No comments:

Post a Comment