Thursday, December 27, 2018

Home at last

I drove home from RI today, left there just before 10 this morning and got home around 4.  It was an easy trip but there was more traffic than I'd expected.  A surprising number of travelers in the North Country, there's usually very little traffic north of Glens Falls but no so today.  huh.

I have a cold and cough--because of my asthma these things always settle in my chest.  bark bark.  I'm happy to be home.  My friend came to see me tonight, bringing clam chowder, flatbread pizza and a delicious hot toddy.  All were perfect.  She stayed a while and we caught up on out lives and Christmases.  That was great.

Tomorrow night is the neighborhood holiday party.  I have many many pears, two friends sent me pears and apples for Christmas treats so will make a pear dessert.  Yum.

We have snow here but have lost a lot.  It rained while I was away then froze so under the 4 or so inches of snow is ice.  Watch out!  My house was just fine in my absence but my sump pump is temperamental.  There was water in the cellar hole when I got home but I'm sure not as much as there was during the rain so that's a relief.

The dogs are happy to be home but are exhausted--it's not easy to complain for 6 hours in a car.  Bear moans and whines.

We're supposed to have freezing rain in the morning but I'm oh-so-lucky and don't have to go anywhere. 

No comments:

Post a Comment