Monday, December 17, 2018

Can it be true?

Am I really as ready for Christmas as I think I am?   How can that be?   I just mailed the last of the packages I had to ship, bought the roast for Christmas dinner and went to the dump.  I still have presents for my mother and Mark to wrap but I usually do that in RI.  Maybe I'll do that before I leave (but I doubt it).  I've send my cards, the tree looks cute and crooked, I put up the outside lights.  I do have to feed the birds and go to my friends' house to check on their thermostat and modem and do laundry there (I'm still being very careful about my water usage). 

It's a cloudy dark day but the temp is 31 so who can complain.  I've got chores to do around the house before leaving but I also have 3 days before I leave.  I have to put the new seat cover on Bear's seat in the car--he's ripped up the cheaper one I had before, plus pulled out some of the stitching on the seat (ratpig).  I have dishes to wash.  Clothes to put away.  Other clothes to pack.  My but it feels strange to be so well organized.

No comments:

Post a Comment