Saturday, December 15, 2018

Let there be lights

I finally dealt with my Christmas tree--I bought a full-sized one, which is what I do, and cut off about 2 feet of the bottom.  Put lights on it and put it in the stand and on the dinner table.  Only it wouldn't fit, it was still too tall.  Boy did I feel stupid.  OK, I cut off a bunch of the top.  Plugged in the lights.  Even though I checked them out BEFORE wrapping them around the tree most of the lights refused to light up.  HUH???  Oh brother, what a pain.  OK, this morning I drove to Peru (half an hour away) to the hardware store there, bought new lights, took the tree off the table, putting it on the floor so I could reach the top and put the new lights on it.  A work of art!   A thing of beauty!  Well, it leans to one side and the boughs are lop-sided but it lights up and has some ornaments.  The top 1/3 is empty of ornaments because I have to stand on a chair to decorate it.  Which I will do maybe tomorrow.  I need to hang more shiny ornaments on it, there's not enough sparkle.  Every year I put on fewer ornaments and give more away to the library for their sale.  It turns out there's another box I didn't realize I had, with ornaments in it.  Since I haven't used them in at least 2 years I think I can give them away.

Other things I did today: fed the birds, brought in firewood (even though it was 35), fed my friend's cat, laundry, put solar lights on posts of the wood shed so I can see wood at night, watched too much TV.  Not a whole lot to report on but I'm mostly satisfied.  I did use up all of my WeightWatchers points for the day by 4:30.  Nasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment