Thursday, April 20, 2006

Look out world, I'm coming

Below is a list of titles to be reviewed in Library Journal’s May 15, 2006 issue, organized by subject as the reviews will appear in the magazine. The list includes pertinent publisher and bibliographic information for your convenience.

Prentice, Jessica. Full Moon Feast: Food and the Hunger for Connection. Chelsea Green. 2006. c.368p. index. ISBN 1-933392-00-2. pap. $25. COOKERY

This is from an email alert I get from Library Journal every 2 weeks telling me what's going to be reviewed in the next issue. What they don't say, however is that I wrote the review of this book. Not the first published review I've had--I used to write reviews for Public Libraries all the time, but LJ has a much wider circulation and is actually used for collection development by lots of librarians. This is the second review I've submitted to them, but I didn't give the book a glowing review so maybe that's why they published it so maybe that's why they're publishing it (they didn't run my first review, of The storm gourmet, which was a strange little book that told you to gather up the grapefruits from your neighbor's lawn in the event of a weather emergency so you could feed yourself).
Anyway, look for me soon in a library near you.

1 comment: