Tuesday, April 11, 2006


Today's pick

The Saranac River, on my way home. It's running April high. It looks cold, not full of hope and good things to come.

Sign of spring

I drove all the way around the circle of my driveway this morning. Haven't done that since probably December. I (obviously) drove to the house last night. I bought 20 lbs of dog food and had tons of stuff I needed to unload besides that, figured the mud was semi-soft. I'm not known for my patience when it comes to snow or mud. I did all right, barely sunk in. I cleaned out the car but did not wash the mud or dog snot from the interior. Perhaps tonight. There is still mud stuck to the undercarriage, it still has palsy but not as bad at 60. The dogs didn't seem to bark as much when looking out the window--maybe they find it reassuring to have the car there, I don't know.

I got home late last night, not until 6:30. Stayed here late, cataloging & visiting. Took a long time shopping at PetSmart (dog biscuits and squeaky toy as a hostess gift for Rhode Island, plus a neat pond plant for Liza's Easter gift). Did no outdoor work at all, disappointing myself. Got a good fire going, though, nice and hot. Have found a cache of good dry wood. I feel like a dump picker when I go through my wood, trying to find the good stuff. It doesn't help that there's a rotten old box spring lying in the middle of my wood shed.

Today I will spend the day cataloging crap for Upper Jay. It's mostly old books, cookbooks from the 70's, essays of Emerson, poems of Shelley, the American girl series published by Scholastic. Very yawn-worthy but I will plug myself into some music and it will be peaceful. I have had a large Turbo from Dunkin Donuts so I am ready to go. I had my blood drawn this morning and next week my doctor will tell me if I am still alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment