Wednesday, April 26, 2006






Look what April showers brought
This is the bouquet of daffodils from my yard that I brought my director to celebrate her permanent appointment (the board approved a 2-year contract with her Monday night) and my pretty violas, which I got in RI at Easter. So there is life after winter in Hawkeye. We had a frost last night but it wasn't a heavy frost and everyone seems to have survived. I left the beautiful seedless watermelon I bought yesterday in my car overnight but I think it was protected enough and ill survive. I'm planning to feed it to Ken for dessert (salt-free) tonight.

The sun is shining brightly and it's a very pretty day. There are actual leaves on the poplar trees in West Plattsburgh now, and as I drive east on my way to work they are illuminated from behind. They look as if they are lighting up and are incredibly bright green and beautiful. I can't believe I'm looking at actual leaves. My landscape at home is very bleak right now and it's hard to tell whether it's November or April. I don't mind, though, because I know it's APRIL and good things are just about to come. I love this time of year. I'm finishing up with my reverse SADD and am feeling pretty good. I'm starting to think good thoughts (my mother used to instruct us to "think rich, beautiful thoughts"--I think that's what she really wanted to do herself) about the future. Anyway, I love seeing those little itty bitty poplar leaves in the morning, it's very magical.

Today is a data base day. I will finish up the authority work (I'm the authority around here: I get to decide what form of the author's name and what subject heading we use) I started last week, and I will do some cataloging. I will also put together yet another small book order. I'm trying to keep up with ordering because spring is a really busy publishing time and I'm a little behind in my spending and will not spend much in the summer when there's nothing to buy.

I will, I will, I will. Oh I always have such high hopes for a day, don't I?

No comments:

Post a Comment