Monday, April 03, 2006


Pick of the Day

This is Molly. I've driven past her 5 days a week all her life. She's about 3 or 4 now and is very lonely, ever since they sold her mother. Her mother was a draft horse, her father a giant mule (is there really such a thing?). She was really interested in me when I took this picture because it was 5 p.m., her dinner time, and she thought I was going to feed her. Sorry, Molly, I just wanted to take your picture. I wish they'd get her a pony or a goat or something to keep her company, she's really very lonely.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:56 PM

    David Sommerstien told me on Friday that he's always looking for pictures that aren't of landscapes for the NCPR photo of the day. Molly (not my aunt, though maybe my aunt, too!) might be a lovely candidate. Apparently, folks in the North Country like taking pictures of their surroundings. Can you blame us?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was mildly amused at the confluence of the name Molly here. Is Molly (the person) amused? :-)

    ReplyDelete