Friday, June 23, 2006

garden after

This is what the flower garden looks like now--after I spent hours digging up grass, planting snapdragons and planting 21 lilies. Those big clumps in the middle are phlox and bee balm. The bee balm is also called Oswego Tea and smells like Earl grey tea. I think it's what the tea is made of but I'm not sure. When you brush against it it smells just like that tea. There's that pesky mint in the lower left hand corner. I pulled a bunch of it but haven't really addressed the mint issue yet. There's still grass to be dug up before I can plant my new echinachea plants. Someone from work is getting rid of a bunch of her echinachea plants this weekend & said she'd bring me in some next week. YAHOO! I found one tiny stalk of my mountain bluets when I dug. That's all that's left of my huge plant that was 10 years old. Only the strong survive.


garden after
Originally uploaded by woodsrun.

No comments:

Post a Comment