Friday, June 02, 2006


This is my new haircut. I finally took Judy a picture of Natalie Portman's haircut to show her how I wanted my hair to look (more or less). She wasn't very pleased ("That short?") but she did a pretty good job. It's a whole lot nicer than the mushroom cut she's been giving me all these years!






ONLY THE STRONG SURVIVE

These are dwarf coral platys. They are pretty small but very bright and swim very peacefully around. They're not supposed to be schoolers but they seem to enjoy each other's company.


This is a rasbora. I have three of them and sometimes they swim in a school. I like it when they do that.




Here are 2 types of fish I have now. For some reason I keep getting the same kinds of fish over and over, even when they all die. I had a bully fish in the tank when Jenica was here, a danio. They are supposed to be non-aggressive, but this one was picking on everyone in the tank. I caught him in the net and was moving him to a bowl and he jumped out of the net onto the floor (death wish). I picked him up, put him in the net & dumped him in the bowl. He was really aggressive with the bowl, too, constantly batting at the sides and swimming round & round, round & round. Meanwhile, back in the tank everyone came out of the corners, out from behind the pump and the plants and started swimming placidly around the way they're supposed to. Jenica and I pondered the situation: what could I do with Mr. Bully Danio? Several hours later he solved the whole problem by dying. I like a clean, simple solution. Now there is peace in the valley.

No comments:

Post a Comment