Thursday, June 01, 2006



Here's Sweet Cicely. For years I've thought it was feverfew. My mother gave me a tiny plant, many years ago. Now it's a huge bush. When I was in RI at Easter I got a lesson in the difference between feverfew and Sweet Cicely. I'm not sure I can really tell them apart, except by their blossoms, but we established that what I have is Sweet Cicely. Liza gave me a new plant: feverfew, which she has a lot of, all over the place.



This is what the bush looks like. It's gotten huge, but when I tried to divide it, it turned out to have a tap root so I didn't want to disturb it. It dominates this part of the garden (I use the term "garden" loosely here) and I'd like to do something with it. It's very pretty, with it's fluffy leaves.



And this is feverfew. When I look at them together I can tell the difference. This is a happy plant and has suddenly started to grow. I need to find it a home in my garden and put it in the ground so it can REALLY grow.

Now I'm off to Chateaugay to barcode. It shouldn't be too hot there, it's a stone building. They have a realy disgusting public bathroom, shared with the town hall. There's a diner down the street where the food's not too bad so lunch should be ok. It'll be really muggy.

No comments:

Post a Comment