Friday, March 30, 2007

Compliment? NOT

I backtracked the CD of the book I'm listening to because my mind wandered, so there I was back at the description of the aging rock star. Turns out he has an aquiline nose. I'd never heard of that before, but it turns out that means a hook nose, like the beak of an eagle. The hooknose snake has an aquiline nose. So why would this rock star have to have an aquiline nose? Last night he told his former girlfriend not to "paint me with the brushes of your sins." Did the author make that up, or is it something else I'm woefully ignorant of? Boy am I ever learning from this book The main character is named Blue because her mother was depressed after giving birth to her. I actually like the name Blue but I'd spell it Blu. It's a good dog name. I haven't forgotten Pingo, though.

It's Friday and I'm feeling pretty perky. My nice new friend/neighbor dragged my driveway yesterday, just to be nice. He had to rake the road where his crew messed it up so he went up my driveway while he was at it. This gets out the ruts and makes it relatively smooth until the mud dries out. Provided you don't drive on it for a couple of weeks. I'm showing amazing restraint so far. I need to get to the dump sometime soon, though, so some morning, early, while the top of the ground is still frozen I'd like to drive my car to the house & fill it up with garbage, newspapers, magazines & recyclables. Or I suppose I could carry these things down a bit at a time. No, not my style.

Still working on the Town stuff, the development at the foot of the lake. Big political doings, nasty stuff going on. The shoreowners' group is getting involved, and since I live here I'm the frontperson for some of this. I asked Jamie to write a letter of support for the Planning Board (emailed it) and he was really good, then he called me last night to tell me some more stuff. Fan me with a brick. Of course, he loves to/needs to be an expert on things, so this was a perfect conversation. I needed something he had. It worked out fine and now apparently we're on speaking terms again. Let's see if we can keep Wife II out of it.

Supposed to be 40 and sunny tomorrow. An actual spring day. There's not much you can do outside, ground still pretty much covered with snow. I might (slim chance) move some wood. But...no, not really.

No comments:

Post a Comment