Monday, March 05, 2007

Visual world

I had a very visual weekend. I saw one of the most beautiful sunsets on my way home Friday night, then very peaceful Saturday and Sunday mornings. Up at 6:30 (why can I do that on weekends, but cannot drag myself out of bed during the week? psychological, no doubt--can't wait to get my Sats. and Suns. going, not so eager to get in my car and catalog Legos), watched the sunrises, drank coffee, let the dogs in and out 30 times. Tess sat in the middle of the path to the birdfeeder and stared at the feeder, waiting for a squirrel to dare show up. Well, the birds won't even show up as long as she sits there, so it was a pretty boring spell for her.

Went to town with Lin, something we used to do all the time. We stopped because we finally realized neither of us could afford to keep doing it. We had a great time playing with her lambs, then she indulged me while I tried on purses and bras. She's a wonderful friend who does a lot for me. We had our usual lunch at the bar. I sort of miss going to bars so it's a nice fix for that.

I cooked Sunday dinner so I spent a fair amount of time cleaning and organizing the house. Am making progress with the back of the house, moving stuff upstairs and figuring out what exactly I have there. Dinner was fine, Ken, Bill and I had a good time. Bill and I took a walk afterwards while Ken slept in his favorite spot next to the window. Bill wanted to check on his camp (correction: he didn't want to but Ken instructed him to). It wasn't reallly cold but there was a cold wind so it was pretty chilly. The snow is really deep now and poor Bill had to slog through it from the road to his camp. The Holt's builder got his dump truck stuck trying to plow down to their house so he had his crew there digging it out. I had a nice chat with him. Their house is really coming along, all that's left is the kitchen, the floors, the fireplaces and a few other things. Drywall and painting all finished. Wow! Now they really need to get furniture for it.

It keeps snowing, a few inches every day. That's March, all right. It was wet snow on Friday, powder over the weekend. I'm not very conscientous about shoveling--I'm sort of done with that, figure it'll be melting within a few weeks so what the hell. Have to dig out my wood, though; it sits in a big snow-covered lump in front of my house. Little house in the big woods.

No comments:

Post a Comment