Thursday, January 17, 2008

If I had a horse



Originally uploaded by woodsrun
If I had a horse, like National Velvet, my horse and I could have leapt right over this tree. We had a big wind storm last week. I was driving home from Saranac Lake and for some reason I took the back roads to get home. This is the first tree I encountered. The woman driving this Jeep and I got out and tried to move the tree. We could only do so much. We knew it wouldn't be long before someone would be by with a chain saw, or some sort of solution. Sure enough, a man in his truck showed up and he pulled the tree to the side of the road with a rope.

There were 8 more trees down on the way home, but all but one had been cut up and moved to the side so the road was passable. What a storm! My power was out from Weds. until Sat. morning. A very dramatic tale, involving water in my cellar, pumps that wouldn't pump, great luck for me that I have a good water pump that pumps after being totally submerged. Going without power for 4 days isn't so bad but it's pretty boring. Plus, of course, the no water thing is always a challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment