Sunday, January 26, 2014

Back to singles

It was minus something this morning, I can't remember what.  I was up at 5:30, woke and couldn't get back to sleep so I woke the dogs and started the day.  It was a good day, very nice talk with my mother in the morning.  We covered a lot of things--reincarnation (I remember finding out from my mother when I was about 8 that "most people believe we only have one life"--I was devastated), where we kept the puppies in the two houses in Rockford we lived in when my father was sweet on breeding our two dachshunds again and again, where we had the television in different houses--never in the living room.  We moved every year for a while, as my father tried to find a good, permanent job, so now there's only my sister, my mother and me to try recreating life in those places.  In one house we had the television in my brother's bedroom.  "Why did we do that?  It wasn't fair," was my mother's response today.  Which house was that?  Was it the one where the bedroom ceiling fell down on my sister and me in bed, making me think I was in heaven because all I could see was white?  Was I obsessed with death?  No, not really, it was just something I thought about.  Anyway, my mother is well and we entertained each other this morning.

Went to P&J's at noon, stayed a while.  Bill, Jon, Ann, the Atkinsons all there.  I came home, walked to the Holts' to water Annie's African violets, then took down my Christmas tree.  Sad to have it gone, I miss the colored lights and sparkles.  But it was time (an understatement).  It was 6 when I walked to Holts and it was a nice enough walk.  The dogs are thrilled to have me accompany them on a walk, any walk, but my walks don't last long enough to suit them so they take off and come home later.

Tonight is the Grammys, but it's also Downton Abbey.  Oh the torture of having too much mindless entertainment!  I'll probably be in bed before either starts, but I'm recording them both so I won't miss a thing, if that's what I want.  I recorded a nifty Paul McCartney concert and have watched it twice.  Oh those Beatles sure were something.

No comments:

Post a Comment