Friday, January 31, 2014

FRIDAY, and we get paid, too!

Wow, we love our Friday paydays.  All this and money in the bank as well!

It's been a busy week, well, sort of.  I picked up my car at the body shop on Monday, only to discover that the airbag sensor light is still on.  The whole point of this exercise was to cure that.  So back I went to the shop on Weds., where I sat for 1 1/2 hours (they have their thermostat set at 59)(you'd think that would be all right with me, but I didn't have a dog to sit next to to keep me warm).  They contacted the Honda dealer, who has to re-program the sensor, etc.  So off I went to the Honda dealer (whose thermostat is set at a cozy temp).  Sat there for 2 hours before they told me the engine harness needs to be replaced but the part has to be ordered blah blah blah.  Swell.  I read 2 issues of Oprah's magazine, at least 3 issues of Good Housekeeping, and chatted up a nice woman who was also waiting.  Other people weren't chatty.  So now I wait to hear from somebody, anybody.  I'll call the insurance company next week to find out what's next.  Oh boy.

The whole thing reminds me of Firesign Theater, from the '70's.  "A new refrigerator!  Close the door and the light stays ON."  Oh we listened and listened to those albums, memorizing notable (to us) quotes.  "And there's hamburger all over the highway in Mystic, Connecticut."  That was aprospos of nothing.  But made us laugh.  Along with "Shoes for industry, shoes for the dead."  I think you had to be there.  And maybe a little high.

The weekend looks good.  Duncan, David & JK are in residence so I'll see them.  JK leaves Sunday night but the D's stay until Weds. or so.  It's not cold enough to suit them, and there's not much snow, but they got their car stuck in their driveway so that at least makes things a little dramatic.

I'll head to the dump tomorrow--I have many things that need to be removed from the house, many of which Tess has taken out of the bag and examined closely.  She took apart the plastic egg carton--looking for what?  She did many other clever tricks with the garbage but who can punish her when she's left loose in the house with a tempting bag sitting on the kitchen floor?

Weather here has improved, temps in the 20's.  It's supposed to get colder, but that sure is a relative term for winter.  Maybe a snow storm on Weds., but only 5" or so.  Nothing to worry about.

So maybe the week was a little busy, but mostly (car aside) it was quiet.  Saw P&J on Tuesday and ended up staying for dinner.  Will see them again tonight (it's Friday) and again on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment