Thursday, January 23, 2014

It got colder!

Who would have thought THAT would happen, but it was -26 yesterday morning.  The house was cold, I was cold, but the dogs thought it was great and took a long walk.  They were gone for more than an hour and I had convinced myself they were curled up together, frozen and dead.  Then they came home all perky and refreshed, not at all chilled.  Turns out they'd been to P&J's, rooting around for food.  So today they got to go outside one at a time (why didn't I think of this sooner?).  They don't (so far) roam when they're not together--unless there are Bog People for Tess to entertain.

Although I do have running water, it's all cold.  The hot water pipes must be frozen because nothing comes out of when I try the hot water.  Rats.  It's OK and I'm relieved to have water at all because the pump froze yesterday morning and is now thawed.  But boy is it cold, washing my hair with water straight from the well.  Yikes.  An externally-caused ice cream headache.  I'll have to investigate the situation but maybe not until the weekend.  When it warms up.  But snows.

This cold seems to cause great confusion about time.  I can't believe I had Monday off--that seems so long ago.  Can it really be that I only work 4 days this week?  Maybe it's just that LIVING seems like work when it's this cold.  It's -13 today.  And that seems not too bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment