Thursday, January 16, 2014

Dog walk

Yay for me.  I took the dogs for a walk this morning (although calling it a "walk" would be a big exaggeration).  It's dark at 7 a.m., and it's icy in Hawkeye, but I sure didn't want a repeat of yesterday's dog performances, so I got all dolled up and walked the dogs down the driveway.  Treasure spends the first bit of a walk whining with pleasure (at least I assume it's pleasure)(Treasure Pleasure).  She barely got past that stage when I told them we were turning around but would be rewarded with MILK BONES.  That almost went over well.  Great hesitation when I started walking toward the house.  But that can't be IT????  Yes, indeed.  It's icy, it's dark and I don't feel like doing this.  Mission accomplished, though, it was a poop walk and home we went.  I do wish it weren't so icy--maybe then I'd feel like going somewhere, but it's just no fun taking baby steps and fussing about cracking your head open if you fall down.

Rental car is entertaining but I can't figure out everything about it.  Last night I had a hard time finding out which setting meant the headlights were actually on.  I think I got it, and I figured out how to set the brights as well.  I don't much like this car and I miss my little shitbox Civic.  Estimate is that it will take at least 6 days to repair.  Maybe longer, depending on availability of parts.  Labor cost is $45/hour.  Why, that's more than I make...

No comments:

Post a Comment