Saturday, January 25, 2014

DOUBLE DIGITS!!

It really warmed up today, which was a great treat.  I took advantage of it by walking to the Holts to take care of a few things they'd asked if I could do.  The dogs liked having  company on their walk (but of course took a few walks without me during the day).

I was home yesterday because on Thursday my pipes burst.  For some lucky reason I had remembered to shut off the pump before going to work that morning, so there was no big deal about the water.  Yay--if the pump had been on it would have drained the well into the laundry room.  Anyway, I asked Steve to fix it and he came yesterday morning and patched the pipe bingo.  I'd had to shut off the main because there's no shut-off valve between the main and the where the water comes into the laundry room (as Steve says "You can't have shut-off valves EVERYWHERE"  Well, why not, say I?).  It was all very straightforward and a big relief.  I sure know how to function without water but it's inconvenient.  Why do the dogs always get so thirsty when there's a water crisis?

Quiet day today, though I did go to Platt. to do some grocery shopping.  Didn't get there yesterday and wanted to make chili so off I went.  What is up with these trips to town on weekends?

My car is ready to be picked up so I'll get it back on Monday.  Am looking forward to that, I've missed it.  Seems funny to me but I really prefer a Honda to a Ford.  And I prefer MY car in bad weather and snow.

Will go to P&J's tomorrow.  Probably will not take down my Christmas tree, I'm enjoying it too much still.  Tomorrow is supposed to be cold, temps in single digits but above zero.  During the day at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment