Thursday, October 20, 2016

Autumn full bore

I need to remember to take off my glasses for selfies.  This was this morning when I was closing the boat house and camp

The final burst of color on the mountain, a gorgeous vision.
The far shore.  Lots of bare naked trees, but still some poplars, birches and aspens in living color.

It's been a funny week, one of adjustment for me.  Linda left Sunday, arrived safely in Ann Arbor on Monday.  That means I have a very different life now, all the summer people are gone.  I'm having a good time, keeping busy and feeling very, very lucky to live here, be retired and have the life I do.

I still have water issues, am doing my laundry at the Holts (which is a huge blessing) but I shower, do the dishes and flush the toilet here at home.  Ahhhhh, life sure is good.  There's not a lot of water in the well but there's enough for one person who doles out water drop by drop.

I went to Plattsburgh on Weds., had lunch with Julie and ran some errands.  Got some groceries, couldn't believe I would need more food but there's always a need for dog food.  I went to the orchard, got myself some Macoun apples, my favorites.  Did I need more apples?  No, but those are my very favorites and this is the time to eat them.  I got some cider too, again, this is the time to have it.  Yum.

I slept most of Monday, I like to think it was recovering from the summer.  It felt wonderful.  Tuesday I felt sick, had intestinal trouble, slept a good part of the day and spent the rest of the time back on the couch.  I did have coffee with Fred, in front of a dead calm and still-colorful lake.  Very nice.

We've lost a lot of leaves--it was warm but really windy this week and now there are bare trees around my house as well as a few (very few) brightly colored trees.  It's still gorgeous here but is supposed to rain heavily for the next few days, with maybe some snow on the weekend.  It always snows in October so this is no great deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment