Monday, October 24, 2016

Good girl, getting better

At my friends' urgings I'm returning to my list-making for daily accomplishments.  Today's list was maybe a little too long and too enterprising, but I DID do 3 things at least.  Feeding the dogs doesn't count, but changing the bed does.  Watering the plants doesn't really count but I put it on the list anyway.  I did NOT clean the living room.  I did do more of the camp laundry, which still isn't finished but I've made great progress.  I did go to AuSable, hit the bank with a DEPOSIT, not a withdrawal, and I hit the grocery store but limited purchases to $30 worth.  Limiting expenditures should count as an accomplishment.

I moved a fair amount of firewood, which probably shouldn't count since it's a necessity.  I made a vat of chili, which wasn't on my list but was just a bonus.  I went to see P&J, had a nice time with them but did not have a drink.  Good girl.

Weather forecasts have us getting snow (more snow) tomorrow and Wednesday.  Swell, just swell.  Only a couple-few inches, and I have to admit I'm used to this weather pretty much already.  High today was 39, with a constant and cold wind.  A little bit of sun but a lot of heavy gray clouds.  Boy does the sun make a difference.  Looks as if we won't be having much sunshine this week, rats.

Tomorrow I guess I'll go to Plattsburgh, buy a new smoke detector, pick up some meds, maybe have lunch with a friend.  I need to have my snow tires put on, must call the car place this week to set that up.  Must check in with the well driller.  Must call Vermont to schedule my mammogram.  Must must must.  Do phone calls count as achievables?  Probably not.  

No comments:

Post a Comment