Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Well well well





It's been quite a week and it's only Tuesday.  I had a plumber come today, he took the well cap off (oh the magic of a lever) and we looked into the way-down well tiles to see about a foot of water at the bottom.  That was better than I'd expected, but still not great.  This great plumber said "I'm not leaving until you have water" so he worked and finally diagnosed the problem as, yes, the pump lost its prime, but there was a warped fitting that was leaking air into the line.  YAY.  "Plastic fittings, those are the worst," so he replaced it and the pump came up to pressure, and, miracle of miracles water came out of the faucets and the toilet tank filled with water.  It's only been 10 days without water but I'm ready to be able to wash the dishes under running water, and to use my own toilet.  I'll still use my friends' house for showering and laundry but my oh my how easy it is when you turn on the faucet and water comes out.

It's still beautiful here, wonderful color in the woods.  We're losing leaves but it will be a while before we get into the monochrome that is November.  I like November, you can see into the woods and there are very few people around.  Don't mean to sound anti-social, I just like peace.

It was a busy weekend, a lot of god friends visiting.  We watched the debate but not all of it.  We had dinners together and good visits.  Tomorrow I'm cooking dinner for the book group friends, Thursday is one of my last Linda/Erdvilas dinners.  Friday is lunch with a friend in Plattsburgh then dinner with friends.  Tomorrow Linda and I are hoping for a dock day.  We may swim, but then the temperature was 29 this morning so the water no doubt is a tad chillier than it was last week.

Dogs are fine though Treasure took off when we were leaving Linda's this evening.  She was chasing something, a rabbit or deer or her imagination.  My plumber has coonhounds, hunts raccoons but doesn't kill them. 

Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment