Friday, October 21, 2016

Flue and flu (shot)

Went to Plattsburgh this morning, got errands done and as a bonus got my flu shot.  Good for me!  I'm not one who cares much about needles, I have my blood tested 4 times a year and get shots for this and that, so it was no big deal at all.  They scare you, though, by asking you to stay in the store for 5 minutes after the shot in case you have a reaction.  All the way home I thought "Am I having a reaction?"  Well of course not.

I bought myself another mum but had to search for one that was mostly buds and not blooms.  Since they were only $3.50 I thought it was OK to treat myself (I didn't buy any Halloween candy at the drug store while waiting for a reaction to the shot)(VERY proud of myself for that one).

It's absolutely beautiful in the hills between here and Plattsburgh, the golds and yellows are blaring.  Wow what a treat.  Can't see the mountains, though, because there are low-lying clouds.  That makes the colors bolder.

Started a fire when I got home, the house felt chilly and damp.  It's slow to warm up without sunshine, my living room is mostly windows with good southern exposure.  I'm trying to adjust to cold even though it's barely cold either indoors or out.  It's 48, which will feel tropical in a short time.

Yesterday my only human contact was a phone conversation with someone.  Today was much better, I talked to people at the post office and stores, plus just had a nice phone conversation with Annie.  Now it's just me and the dogs.  I have a friend who has lived alone for the nearly 40 years I've known her, without any pets.  I rely on my dogs so very much for companionship and (one-way) conversation (no, my dogs don't answer me when I ask them questions), I wonder what it would be like to live without pets.  Not even a fish.

No comments:

Post a Comment