Monday, October 31, 2016

What humans?

Very quiet and peaceful day.  The only human contact I had: 2 telephone calls.  One from my mother and one to my cousin in Vermont.  Wow, and I went nowhere and spent no cash.  Did I spend money?  Why, yes, yes I did, I paid my monthly bills because today was NYState Retiremt. pay day.  I feel very clean, I met my financial obligations (of which there are plenty).  I will try to save as much as I can from what's left.  Drilled well, plane fare, new sofa--all lofty purchasing goals.

I had a quiet weekend, too, which was pleasant.  There was a really nice gathering on the other side of the lake, wine and snacks with 3 couples who are year-rounders.  It was a nice group of people and we had good visits.  Decided we should do that on a regular basis, which made me take a good hard look at the seating in my living room.  Could I have 7 people here?  Good question.

The snow melted, we had rain instead and that was OK with me.  It's been cold and damp for many days now and we haven't seen the sun in a very long time.  I've been sort of chilled in my house all this time but the meteorologist promises 50 degree temps tomorrow and 60 degrees on Weds.  Boy do I hope that works out. 

Tomorrow I'm going to Plattsburgh, haircut, lunch with friend Barb, mailing a letter and book to my mother, getting dog food and birdseed, picking up a few things in a couple of stores.  And meds., always picking up meds.  A busy day.

Weds. morning my chimney cleaners are coming (YAY).  The stove is working well but it's time for a cleaning.  This means no fire tomorrow, so I hope it's warmer.  Thursday Annie comes to Hawkeye, Friday I take my car to Plattsburgh to have its snow tires put on and oil changed.  By then I'm sure I'll need to get more groceries or something.  Always something.


No comments:

Post a Comment