Thursday, January 25, 2007

Ready, set, go


RSCN20961806
Originally uploaded by woodsrun.
I'm ready for the weather. This is the wood I brought in last night. It's enough to keep me warm for almost 24 hours. Right now there's slightly less than half of this pile left, after what I burned last night and what I stuffed into the stove this morning to keep the house warm today. The thing about burning wood is that it's a never-ending proposition. You buy it, it gets dumped, you stack it, you carry it into the house and you get down on the floor to jam it into the stove. Before you go to bed and before you leave for work you look for the big booger pieces that will burn for hours, and work the stove like a jigsaw puzzle to get them to fit in the firebox. The heat you get is really worth it, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment