Tuesday, January 30, 2007

wood I!


wood I!
Originally uploaded by woodsrun.
This is what came to my house last night. The pile is as wide as this and is a full 4 cords. YES! I'm thrilled. I've already burned some of it and it's dry (for the most part) but is frozen solid so needs to be thawed (stick by stick) before it's burned. It'll burned frozen but it burns better after thawing. The guy and I have been trying to connect for a about a week and finally were able to arrange delivery last night. He had a huge dump truck ("I've got a 10-wheeler"), which he was able to back up my crooked driveway, right to my house to dump pretty much where I wanted the wood. He's a trucker by trade and I was really impressed. So was he. The wood was expensive--$65 a cord, plus I tipped him $20, causing him to give me a very firm handshake.

I think I'll do business with him again, he was very nice and his wood is honest and good. I'll wait for Ken to evaluate the size of the load, though--he always lets me know if I got my money's worth because I can't tell if it's 4 cords or 3 1/2 or whatever. I'm just really happy to have this much wood, which will get me through the rest of the season and beyond. Ken is going to take one cord and pay me $65 for it. He always worries about having enough wood. I think it's just something we do here.

No comments:

Post a Comment