Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Winter stripes


Winter stripes
Originally uploaded by woodsrun.
I know, I'm repeating myself, but I thought the stripes added a neat effect this morning. I also like the fact that the only colors are those of the water, white, and the trees. The absence of color in winter is amazing. I have a good friend who spent 3 years in Afghanistan with the Peace Corps and when he returned we came here together in March. Still plenty of snow, but his comment was how wonderful it was to see all the green of the conifers. I thought it odd at the time, but now I can see what a difference it makes to the landscape to have that greenery.

Now I move on to a big pile of CDs. Done with yesterday's Icelandic folk songs and Princess Margaret's favorite bagpiper. Today it's Lorne Greene singing "We wish you a Merry Christmas." At least today's stuff is in only 2 languages: English and Italian (Vivaldi). People may think catalogers have dull jobs, but boy oh boy who could consider this stuff dull, I ask you.

1 comment:

  1. if everybody could repeat themselves like that... what a beautiful picture. and I love the observation about colors. yes.

    ReplyDelete