Thursday, January 18, 2007


DSCN20491764
Originally uploaded by woodsrun.
This is an amaryllis. Liza sent me home with it after Christmas. She had a pot with 4 bulbs in it and someone gave her this one as well, so she shared her bounty with me. I love these and have a whole bunch of them. After they bloom, you can cut them back, keep them under the right conditions and they will bloom again in a year. Sometimes I have succeeded in doing this,other times all I get is foliage. Right now I have three pots with bulbs in them and I can't remember in which month they should be brought out to bloom. Next to the amaryllis is a pot of paper white narcissuses which my friend Julie gave me. They are just starting to open and smell wonderful. Clusters of little white blossoms. My geraniums are still blooming but their blossoms aren't really very pretty, I have them for the foliage. It won't be long until I start pretending to organize my garden. I'll order more seeds than I'll plant and maybe start seeds again this year. I had some success last year but didn't plant all of them early enough. This year will be different. Yeah, that's right. Different.

No comments:

Post a Comment