Monday, January 22, 2007

Spiders on drugs

I'm a pretty tentative YouTube user, but something led me there the other day and I discovered the video entitled Spiders on drugs. It is really, really great and everyone (especially those of us who lived through the 60's and 70's) should see it. Just search Spiders on drugs and you'll get to it. I thought it was fantastic. This morning I watched a very fat and very young kitten climb out of a boot and try to stand up. But I didn't watch it for long. I can't give myself much YouTube each day, maybe just one or two. Fred just came by and asked if what I was doing was work related. Not in the least, I had to confess.

Good weekend, not as productive domestically as I would hope, but I spent some time outside and that was nice. The trip home Friday night was amazing. Barely snowing in Plattsburgh, then whiteout conditions as I got closer to home, until I could barely see the sides of the road (and there were no tail lights ahead of me to follow). Snow let up a little at home so I stopped at Ken's. He stayed awake during my whole visit! I went home, drove to the house & unloaded birdseed & dog food then left the car at the end of the driveway. Tucked myself in for the night.

We got maybe 8" of powder by Sat. mid-day so I did what I never, ever do and shoveled myself some paths: one to the woodpile, one to the wood shed, and--even more amazing, one down the driveway to my car. Will wonders never cease. It was -11 when the day began but got up to 7 during the day and if felt great to be outside. The sun actually came out. Went out to dinner with Lin Sat. night (Ralph is off for his annual winter fishing trip). For some reason it's always a subzero night when we do this. She's building a boat in the middle of her living room. "You can still see the TV though, right?" "Not at all! I had to bring the little one down from upstairs." She didn't know it would take so long to build.

Sunday was a pretty typical Sunday--morning coffee followed by Sunday dinner. Hadn't seen Bill in weeks so we had a good visit. Home to hang out and watch DVD's when someone with a plow backed up my hill. I figured it was maybe the guy who plowed once and never returned last year, or maybe my regular plowman who sold his other truck last year, and whoever it was would come to the door when he finished. But noooo--whoever it was didn't plow quite all the way to the house and was in reverse the whole time so I never saw who it was. Didn't recognize the truck at all, have no idea who it is that's taking such good care of me. May never know, or not for weeks anyway. I had thought of shoveling a little at a time until maybe the whole thing was done, but had abandoned that idea after shoveling my single-shovel wide path. So anyway now my driveway is plowed--very well, too, by someone who is a good plow master.

And today I have lots of assignments to do. Work on the webpage. Come up with a bibliography of a history collection for a small public library. Catalog the DVD of Judgement: the court martial of William Calley (so who out there remembers who he is?).

Off I go!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous1:50 PM

    Hooray for Mystery Plowmen!

    ReplyDelete