Friday, January 12, 2007

The real spaghetti western

Although I think he is no longer among the living, my favorite author of westerns, by far, is Orlando Rigoni.

Having a storm door really rocks. So does burning dry wood. A bottle of wine will pop its cork in a car at zero degrees and the consequences are not pleasant. A state trooper will sniff said car suspiciously as he explains to the driver that cars are to be inspected annually in the state of New York and the inspection stickers change color each month, making it easy to spot scofflaws from great distances.

Three day weekends are among my favorite things in the whole wide world. Not that I'm saying Thank you Martin Luther King Jr. for being a martyr, but I'm glad I don't live in Arizona, the only state refusing to recognize a great man. I hope to spend the weekend writing sympathy letters (my friend's husband died of ALS, my friend died of a heart attack and I must write her sister, my neighbor's sister died mysteriously, my extra-good friend's father died suddenly) and Christmas thank-yous. In what order do I write these? I'm sorry first, or thank you first?

I also have many DVDs to watch. First Kiss (Zach Branf), Firewall (Harrison Ford), The O.C. (ridiculous beautiful Orange County people soap opera). I have 2 dogs in need of attention. Or so they say.

Today I do authority work. I love being an authority on what goes into our data base. Since no one else cares, I feel very dedicated when I do this. Yes, I think it's important that all the entries for Beethoven are alike so they'll be combined in one search. I'm such a doofus.

No comments:

Post a Comment