Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Slowhand

One of my favorite of all time musicians is Eric Clapton. His guitar playing is beyond description, and even his vocals are grand. I love the sound of his voice. I just listened to one of, to me, the most moving pieces of music: the fiddle solo in the middle of Blind Faith's Sea of Joy. No one but me (and Molly) could possibly know about this, but Blind Faith was a supergroup in 1969. They released only one album but it was one of the best pieces of music of all time and always will be. Anyway, I can listen to that piece of music endlessly and as loudly as possible. After that came, randomly, Eric Clapton singing Tears in Heaven. Well, I remember when his son fell out of that window, prompting him to write that song. I was in a small grocery store buying fish with Jamie and my friends Kevin and Julie in North Carolina. I was shocked that such a thing could happen to my hero (remember "Clapton is God?").

So that's what's going on with me right now. That and Jake Logan's Longarm series. You know, Hot lead, The Tonto Basin War, The sabotaged railroad, The Tascosa two-step.

No comments:

Post a Comment