Tuesday, June 05, 2007

apples of the future unite!


apples of the future unite!
Originally uploaded by woodsrun
I have lots of blossoms on my apple trees this year--let's hope they make it to the apple stage. My land includes an old, very old orchard. Some years I have a banner crop of apples of different varieties, some years I hardly have any. Last year I hardly had any. The dogs graze for hours beneath the trees--they love apples. One tree has incredibly sweet apples. You can't eat very many of the apples, they're pretty wormy, but I use them if I make jelly because they have lots of pectin in them. And I like the idea the I have healthy trees. One year I caught a porcupine eating the apples. When I told him to leave he walked away really slowly as if saying "I'm leaving because I want to, not because you told me to."

No comments:

Post a Comment