Saturday, January 07, 2017

Barely morning

Yesterday I got up at 2:30 or so, was awake and worrying about my mother and the future.  Today I was awake and worrying about Trump and the future.  Which is a bigger waste of my time? 

It's -3 right now but there's no wind so it's not bad at all.  I haven't reached the point where I'm totally tired of stoking the stove and starting fires (or starting fires and stoking the stove)--that will come by March I expect.  I still love my "new" stove, I think this is my 3rd year with it.  It's easy to clean, there's an ash pan.  It's efficient, burns less wood for hotter fires.  And it's beautiful, navy blue enamel with windows in the front.  Ahhhhh.   And they say money can't buy love.

No big plans for today, just a dump run this afternoon.  My dump is only open in the afternoon on Saturdays, which will be a big and unpleasant shock for the summer people.  New dump lady, Bob, our former dumper was transferred.  Not an improvement.  The dump is actually a "convenience station," but people are asking what's convenient about the new hours?  Dump is open on Sat. afternoons and Mondays.  MONDAY??  How much garbage do we generate between Saturday and Monday?  Oh well, I can't really complain if my life is so simple that the hours the dump is open occupies my mind.  Well, that and Donald Trump.  And my mother.

One of these days I'm supposed to be getting a cat from Julie.  We keep scheduling a time when I'll pick him up, but something comes up and it doesn't work out.  MAYBE, just maybe some time today I'll meet the cat.  She has too many cats and I've agreed to help out by taking one.  I liked my other cat, we had a good relationship.  Julie says this cat is affectionate and very nice.  Let's see how affectionate the dogs are...

No comments:

Post a Comment