Monday, January 23, 2017

Storm's a-comin' so WATCH OUT

It's been warm, very warm in the 30's for at least a week (though it feels longer)(maybe it is)(I've lost track) and tonight and tomorrow we're supposed to have a big storm.  They're predicting 6-8 inches of heavy wet snow.  As we know, all snow is wet so this is not a shocker.  Heavy, though, is a drag to shovel and plod through.  Temps are supposed to continue to be in the 30's and maybe there will be sleet instead of snow.  or not.  we don't know.  Anyway I postponed my doctor's appointment (post-laser follow up) because I knew in my heart of hearts that I wouldn't want to be driving to Plattsburgh tomorrow morning at 7.  I did that for 30 years.  I don't mind driving to Plattsburgh once in a while but I sure don't need to do that on bad roads at 7 a.m. any more. 

I went to the fitness center again this morning, good for me!  I met my friend Carol there at 6:30 and we treadmilled and talked for about an hour.  She walks at a perfectly respectable speed, I do not.  I walk slowly, very slowly, but it beats sitting on my couch watching TV all morning.  We're supposed to meet again tomorrow morning but my attendance will depend on the roads and the weather.  There was some black ice this morning, mostly in P&J's driveway, where I slipped and landed SMACK! on my butt.  No harm, no foul.  Just will be sore tomorrow I bet.

I went to Plattsburgh this morning, had to get meds, do the bank and get some groceries.  I'm doing Weight Watchers (successfully) so bought tons of fruit and vegetables for zero points.  I do like WW, it's an excellent way for me to monitor what I eat and do some serious portion control.  It's easy to do at home, I'm so lucky to be here every day. 

The dogs are fine.  The birds are very active--they get that way before a storm.  They empty the feeder at least once a day and I need a bigger feeder.  I have chickadees, nuthatches, woodpeckers, blue jays and an occasional finch.  I had a redpoll the other day.  I hear a pileated woodpecker often.  One year I had a barred owl sitting by the bird feeder for days on end.  Earlier this year I had those turkeys at the feeder.  Mostly it's a pretty bland bunch of birds I have this year.

I've stocked up on firewood in the house.  I have lots of food and supplies.  I'm not worried about a snow storm.

No comments:

Post a Comment