Friday, January 27, 2017

Breaker Breaker come in please

Hot water, she has hot water.  The problem was not the water heater at all, instead it was the breaker, which shorted out.  Yikes, that is very scary.  That makes 2 breakers like that.  Don came today and switched the dryer breaker so now I have 50 gallons of hot water but no dryer.  This it temporary and was just to get me hot water right away.  What's up with rotten breakers?  He said the wiring is good (thank you Eddie Zelinski) but the breakers are old and not the good kind.  I'm so excited, he's going to replace the panel and the breakers.  YAY!   I'll have heat at the back of the house again, that's just a bonus in all of this.  I'm happy it wasn't the heater but am very nervous about the breakers.  There aren't many in that box, maybe 4 or 5 (well, 2 fewer now).  Mostly I'm really excited to have someone working on my house.

I met Carol at the gym Weds. morning at 6:30 and we treadmilled for 40 minutes easily.  It sure is nice to have a gym buddy, we talk our way through the walking.  It's great.  I went this morning by myself and watched TV for the half hour I treadmilled.  Oh I'm good, I'm good.  I'm doing WW conscientiously.  Tomorrow I'll weigh in, hoping for another 2 pounds lost this week but I'll take what I get.  My clothes sure don't fit me any better so I still have a long way to go.  No, the answer is not to buy bigger clothes, I've done that in the past.

Lin called this morning, wanted to go to the movies but I couldn't leave the house this afternoon, waiting for Don.  Instead she came over and we had a nice visit.  I got antsy in the afternoon, Don didn't come until 4.  Of course it didn't take him long to figure out and solve the problem so that was grand. 

We're having snow these days.  Predictions are for 6-12 inches in the infamous higher elevations (sometimes that's us) and the western slopes of the mountains (that's us).  So far we've only had a couple of inches today.  It's supposed to snow all weekend so we may get 4-6 inches, that would be my guess.  That's fine with me, I know the friends who are coming next week want a lot of snow so this will please them.

Tomorrow I'll hit the dump and do some laundry, hopefully I'll see Pat & Jim.  I wanted to go there this afternoon but couldn't leave the house.  Lin and I may go to the movies, or not.  Oh I do love this life.

Time to do the dishes.  Using water from the tap.  Hot water.

No comments:

Post a Comment