Sunday, January 01, 2017

New Year that is HAPPY

I'm sitting in my living room with my great dogs, watching the birds at the feeder, looking at the oil painting that Mark gave me for Christmas (an ocean scene that looks like the scene we love to see on our beach walks) and listening to THE BEATLES.  This all makes me outrageously happy.  On New Year's Day one of the local radio stations plays The Beatles from A to Z and I absolutely adore it.  Right now we're in the I's.  I Hate to Spoil the Party.  Because it's alphabetical rather than chronological it is a wonderful way to hear the variety in their music, old and older.  They were amazing, truly amazing. 

I had a very satisfactory New Year's Eve.  I spent the day doing nothing in particular--drove to AuSable to the bank (to DEPOSIT money) then tried unsuccessfully to get to the dump (closed because of the holiday--could a girl know this BEFORE driving to Redford?).  I stopped at P&J's and had a drink and lots of laughter with them.  That was fun.  I went to an actual party last night, the neighborhood holiday party.  Mostly people from the south shore of the lake, and not as big a crowd as we sometimes have but I had a very nice time.  I met a new friends, a woman and her husband who live not far from here.  They're delightful and the woman and I really hit it off.  How great to find a new friend at this point in my life.  She works in Lake Placid, of course knows the Jameses.  That's all right, she apparently doesn't hold my ex-husband in high regard (totally unsolicited, no, really).  He works in Albany so is gone during the week.  I'll have her come over soon for an evening visit.  That will be nice.

I should be doing something domestically constructive today but no, I'm listening to the radio and playing with the Internet.  I should move the radio into the bedroom and be constructive in there.  I still haven't unpacked my clothes from my RI trip and I uncovered a bunch of summer clothes when I cleaned the laundry room the other day.  Rats.

Tomorrow I'm scheduled to have my eye lasered.  Do I need a driver?  I don't know but I don't have one.  I'll call in the morning to find out if I can drive myself home.  Poor planning on my part but I tried to reschedule the appointment--when I called on Friday the office was closed.  What is up with these people who don't know that Monday is the holiday?  Oh how confusing.

Boyohboy I do love The Beatles.  That is some grade-A music.

No comments:

Post a Comment